Fully Funded Beit Trust Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023 for Africans: Application for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships for Africans to study in South Africa and the UK is out.
Full details about Beit Trust financial aid to international students to study in South Africa and UK- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more can be found below.
Beit Trust Graduate Scholarships- Requirements
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe, or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there, and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2021. Relevant experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2021. They should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe, or Malawi.
- The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class degrees (or equivalent) at the undergraduate level.
Advantages of Beit Trust Graduate Scholarships
- Fees, tuition costs, and related academic expenses. These are paid by the Trust direct to the Partner Universities.
- A personal allowance, index-linked by guidance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop, and departure.
- Economy Class tickets are provided for the initial journey to the place of study and on the final return.
- No allowances are paid for spouses and other family members or dependants.
- The Trust will also address any expenses that may arise in 2022/23 as a result of residual Covid protocols.
Application Process for UK Partner University
- Make your application for admission directly to one or more of the Partner Universities listed above, and only to those universities. Please apply via their websites, which will guide you.
- Notify the relevant university, as part of your study application, that you will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding.
- As long as the course/s you wish to pursue is available, you may apply to more than one Partner University at a time. Indeed, we recommend you do so, to increase your chances of acceptance, and to broaden the scholarship opportunities available.
- Once you have an offer from your chosen Partner University, you should apply as early as possible to The Beit Trust for a scholarship.
- Your application, with all the supporting documents, must be uploaded via the Scholarship application link, below in green.
- You need three referees: Academic, Character, and Employer (as appropriate). They have separate and individual forms, the link for which must be forwarded to them by you, the applicant. The link becomes available once you have submitted your scholarship application form electronically.
- We prefer referees to use the link provided in the application form. If, however, they can only provide their reference by email, please forward them the relevant forms, which you can download below.
Application Process for South African Partner University
- The procedure for applying for the Uk partner university and South African partner university is not the same. Please follow steps 3 to 7 above. Where you are asked to upload your university offer letter, please provide instead the details of the course/s and university/s that you will be applying for, in PDF format. Your scholarship application will then be considered alongside the applicants for UK universities, as part of the same entry year cohort.
Method of Application Procedure
- Download Academic Reference Form – Download Character Reference Form – Download Employer Reference Form
- The completed forms must be returned directly from the referee via email to email@example.com
Closing Date for Application of Beit Trust Graduate Scholarships: 11th February 2022
Take note of the following variables in the application deadline: Due to the South African University application process opening after our Scholarship application deadline of 11 February 2022, we will accept scholarship applications for South African Universities for the year 2023/2024 without a confirmed offer.