Fully-funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program: 2022 Fully-funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program application has commerce for Africans at the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa).
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) is in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. It’s an initiative that is meant to offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
Diligently read through this piece to the end to learn how to successfully apply, grab the full details about the award- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more.
Things to know About Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
USIU-Africa in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. By the completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program- Eligibility
- Youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women
- Young men
- Refugees and displaced youth
- Youth with disabilities
- Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models, and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
- Must be interested in, and meet USIU-Africa’s admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 11 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
What You Stand to Benefits
Winners of the award will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
- All Interested and eligible applicants can download the application forms from here or pick the forms from the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU-Africa at no cost.
- Submit completed application form by email ensuring that the scanned the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format and named while saving, with your name as the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application at the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU-Africa, or post your application to:
MFSP, United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi – Kenya
APPLICANTS HAVE BEEN ADVISED TO SECANVASSINGNE A COMPLETE APPLICATION. DUPLICATE OR MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
- Release of call for applications – Monday, September 6, 2021
- Application Deadline – Friday, October 1, 2021
- Review of applications and communication to shortlisted Candidates – Monday, October 4 to Friday, October 29, 2021
If you do not hear from us by this date, please consider your application not successful.
- Interviews – Monday, November 4 to Friday, December 10, 2021
- Communication to successful Candidates – Tuesday, December 14 to Friday, December 17, 2021
- Home Vi, sits – Monday, January 10 to Friday, February 11, 2022
- Travel preparation, assistance for passport, visa, and flight tickets application for international students – Monday, January 20 to Friday, April 8, 2022
- Reporting to USIU-Africa for Pre-University Orientation – University-wide 7, 2022
- Scholars Pre-University Orientation – Monday, April 18 to Friday, April 29, 2022
- University-wide orientation – Monday, May 2 to Friday, May 6, 2022.