Shell NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture Awards Scheme: Nigerian students who got admitted in the 2019/2020 academic session are to apply for the SPDC JV University scholarship award scheme
Application for the 2020/2021 Shell NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship Awards has been announced to promote academic excellence among young Nigerians particularly those from less-privileged backgrounds, the SPDC invites applications from suitably qualified full-time Nigerian students admitted in the 2019/2020 academic session.
To ensure successful application, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this award- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more.
More About Shell NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture Awards Scheme
Shell, (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) runs robust scholarship programs which date back to the 1950s and have supported thousands of students, most especially from our host communities, many of whom are among Nigeria’s business, political and social leaders. The objective of the SPDC JV scholarship programs is to develop Nigeria’s talent for the future.
Shell NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture Awards Scheme- Eligibility
Shell scholarships are categorized: The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and the Rivers States
- Being citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates on accredited courses in and approved Universities in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level (as of December 2020) or possess proof of admission into an undergraduate program in the 2019/2020 academic session. Shell NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture Awards Scheme -Application Procedure
- All applicants should have a valid personal email account for correspondence for this application.
- All applications must be done online, visit the application website at: https://www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/ to apply.
- Applicants for the Areas of Operation Merit Award are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, stamped and signed by government-recognized:
- The paramount chief/traditional head of the community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or the Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
Address the letters to:
Social Performance & Social Investment
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
P/S: Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- Shell does not assign representatives or agents to assist applicants in processing applications.
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted.
- Use Shell Nigeria website ONLY for application.