Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Masters Scholarships 2022/2023 for African Students to Study at University of Oxford: Application is ongoing!
AIG Scholarships Programme is targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35, some of whom may have work experience. They will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have excelled academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
To be fully abreast with all the application procedures, full details about this scholarships- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more, kindly read through this piece to the end.
About AIG Graduate Awards
As its tradition, every year, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
Eligibility & Requirements for AIG Masters Scholarships
- Be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35 years (must not be 36 years old by December 31, 2021)
- Have a first-class or second-class upper undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Be preferably top 10% of graduating class (First, Second or Master’s Degree) – evidence to be provided
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership and resultant impact
- Show skills and interests outside of academics (evidence to be provided)
Criteria for Selection
- Academic and analytical excellence
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
AIG Scholarship Value
The AIG Scholarships are fully funded covering fees, accommodation, and living expenses, do not cover travel or visa expenses, however.
Deadline for Application Submission:
Application closes 10th October 2021