Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at the University of British Columbia: Application for the International scholarship award is in progress.
University of British Columbia Summary description:
International undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas are identified for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award.
Host Institution(s): the University of British Columbia in Canada
Level/Field of study: Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC
Number of Awards: Not specified.
Target group: International students
Value of Award/inclusions/duration:
The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need. Financial need is determined by totaling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
If you achieve a satisfactory academic status in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial needs, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa), your scholarship can be extended for up to three years of undergraduate study or completion of a degree (whichever comes first) Prevail).
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- • You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- • You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or another university.
- • You must have graduated from high school no earlier than June two years before the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2022 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2020.
- • You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- • You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standards).
- • You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- • You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
How to Apply:
To apply for the International Scholars Program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit organization and submit a letter of recommendation from an academic recommender. Confirm that your school or non-profit organization can nominate you, and notify your nominator and academic recommender that you want to apply for the International Scholars Program.
Submit your award application and complete the UBC online application for admission by December 1, 2021. You must meet UBC English language entry requirements by February 1, 2022.
Application Deadline: 1st December 2021
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.