OPEC FUND REQUIREMENTS| REQUIREMENTS 2021: OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976.
Its 12 Member Countries are Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
OPEC Fund is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Specialist
Also read job vacancy at LNGNigeria
The IT infrastructure Specialist provides technical expertise in installation, maintenance, and monitoring of specific IT systems to ensure their optimal and effective utilisation.
The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of different computer software and hardware platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs regular IT tasks in all areas such as systems administration, monitoring, patching, scripting, and database administration.
- Provides service desk support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and other hardware.
- Maintains and secures appliances, desktops, and servers implementations.
- Maintains and updates knowledge base articles.
Recommends alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organisational goals.
- Supports the senior infrastructure officer in the implementation of infrastructure projects.
- Monitors systems, infrastructure and network, and ensures improvements of performance, availability, and usability.
- Implements security measures and ensures data integrity.
- Develops training materials and user documentation.
- Resolves hardware incidents and initiates warranty repairs.
- Responsible for user account management, including on-boarding and off-boarding of users, access rights and group membership administration, and user mailbox administration.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technology trends and developments.
- Reviews technical architectures and proposes improvements to satisfy forecasted requirements.
- Guarantees the availability of printer systems.
- Implements cyber security solutions governed by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
- Monitors and reports on SLAs defined with external partners and consultants.
- Deals with all departments/units on the subject of IT services.
- Carries out other related tasks assigned by the IT director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
IT certifications and other relevant certifications.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience of working in an international development institution
Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of German is an added advantage.
- General understanding of the core activities of development institutions, including the OPEC Fund.
Familiarity with SAP, OpenText, PowerShell Scripting.
- Strong analytical thinking, good planning, and organizational skills.
- Very good knowledge in Microsoft On-premise Operating Systems and Microsoft Desktop and Microsoft Office products.
- Very good knowledge of Cisco equipment and solutions as well as security solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining VMware virtualization platform.
- Experienced in Cloud technologies.
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for innovation, business development.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Application Closing Date:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online